dvcf.daisypath.com/TikiBlogger.php/qLX3
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2007

The good with the bad...

Corynn is 9 months old today :) Happy 9 months!
My bit of good news is that I called PGN yesterday; we have been in for 4 weeks & we are still in & are still with the 2nd reviewer...praying we continue on with no kick outs. (For those of you just joining us :) A kick out would put my paperwork right back at the beginning of the whole PGN 8 to 12 week process...not good!)
and the bad..

The Ortego Law was approved yesterday in Guatemala and that is NOT a good thing. On Tuesday, October 9th, there will be the 4th and final reading. At this time, they will decide what amendments are going to be allowed for current adoptions. Here is an explanation that I found on my friend Amanda's blog who found it on her friend Krystal's blog:

"The Guatemalan Congress has passed the Ortega Law. Birthmothers currently have the right to relinquish their child for adoption, to know who will care for the child during the process, and to know that the child is going to America. This law takes those rights away. Also, unless an amendment is passed, this law says that our adoption is now null and void. This law also says that the home in which Corynn is currently receiving care, will no longer receive any funding from adoptions --it is currently 100% funded by adoption fees. The law provides no place for them or the thousands of children in this situation to go. The implementation date has not been set, but it could be as soon as 30 days. There is still hope for the amendment, that the Children's Committee is working on, to allow our adoption to be processed under the law in which it was initiated, but this is a huge knock against us and other in-process families."

Right now I'm trying very hard to stay positive...most of the time it's difficult to do. I just can not fathom not having Corynn home with us ever. I'm okay not having her home by Christmas like I originally hoped...I'm even okay not having her home until the middle of next year!! I'm not okay with the possibility that we may never see her again.
To all my readers, please please keep every family that is waiting to bring their child home from Guatemala in your thoughts & prayers. This is a very scary time for all of us. We may not have given physical birth to these children, but I assure you, we have been in labor for a long time. We have held these precious children, fed them, taken care of them... fallen head-over-heels in love with them, and then had to leave them to continue on with our daily lives here, with our only comfort being that they would be with us again soon. They are our children, and it is just too hard to go down without a fight.

8 comments:

Bekah said...

oh i so hear you...okay with not home at Christmas, okay with march but not never. praying these babies home. praying you are on Barrios' desk soon!

jajbs said...

I am praying, girl. Go d will be faithful!


Amanda

Christy said...

You have been on the top of my prayer list. I just can't imagine. I pray daily that Vietnam doesn't do anything funny.

FaceforGrace said...

I am praying and agreeing with you for favor. God please intervene on behalf of these precious lives!

In Him,
Holly

Rose said...

Jodie,
Thanks for that comment! It lifted my spirits! Heres to a lucky friday for both of us!!

brandy said...

I cannot imagine the thought of that precious baby girl not being part of our family. I will continue to pray for good news for all of the babies. I'm so sorry for the pain that you are going throught right now. Please let me know of anything else I can do to help.

Jill said...

One collective prayer is coming through with all of us...it is so difficult to wait and think positivly. We are in it together which is a comfort knowing that you know how we all feel. Praying for great Tuesday posts from us all!

Jill

Melissa said...

I am praying Corynn will be out of PGN soon!