dvcf.daisypath.com/TikiBlogger.php/qLX3
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I left a piece of my heart in Guatemala

I expected giving Corynn back to the foster mother yesterday was going to be painful, but I never could have prepared myself for how painful it was. To make it worse, our facilitator had told us that they would be there at 5:30 to get her & they didn't show up until 7:30...not that I didn't want to spend more time with Corynn, but I had prepared myself for 5:30, & it's the kind of thing you really want to get over with so you can go back to your hotel room & have a mini breakdown. David & I made sure that when we came down to bring her, the hotel staff was in our room getting the crib, baby tub, & stroller out of there so we wouldn't have to see them when we came back without her. Corynn's foster family was great, & told me that they would be sobbing like me when it's time for us to bring her home (they said it would be very soon...which even though they have no say so, it comforted me.)
I would do this experience all over again if I had the chance, even knowing how much I am hurting right now.

On a brighter note, we met some other familys visiting & picking up while we were there! (Hey Jim!! & Tyonia & John!!) Jim, that 4th piece of pizza did me in!

And also the best news of all!!! ISABELLA CLAIRE IS COMING HOME!!!
Amanda, I'm so happy for you & your family!!
http://bellaboonews-jajbs.blogspot.com/
it's been a long time coming!! Perfect timing too Amanda, b/c I really need some retail therapy right now!!

7 comments:

Bekah said...

Leaving is so hard...it's neat that the foster family was so supportive and sure that she would be home soon. Let's pray that they are right! That beautiful girl needs to be home with her family! So glad that you had the opportunity to go.

Stacie said...

Jodie-

I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling right now. I so dread having to give Allie back when we go. Just thinking about it makes me cry. I have just been praying and praying that God would prepare my heart for that moment. He is our only strength! Corynn is absolutely beautiful. I am praying that she is HOME where she belongs VERY, VERY SOON!!

Come On PA!!
Stacie

jajbs said...

I have been thinking about you and was praying for you Monday evening. I know how hard it is. On Friday, I will hand Bella back for the 3rd time-- NOT fun!

I will call you so we can shop til we drop!!!

Love ya and praying for your broken heart.

Amanda

Gail said...

I cannot imagine how difficult that would be. Hope she is home for good soon.
Gail

Terry said...

I know how hard it is to leave...I've done it twice and each time I feel like I am not going to be able to go on breathing. But I wouldn't trade those visits for anything and I'm sure you feel the same way. Hoping the rest of your wait is over quickly!

Terry

Sig said...

Oh man, I can feel that pain as if it was yesterday.
I hope you are doing well today. Keep her sweet face in your mind and know it does end.

Melissa said...

Corynn is beautiful. I agree, giving the baby back after the visit was so much harder than I ever could have imagined! The comfort I found was that the next time I see her, I won't have to give her back!