dvcf.daisypath.com/TikiBlogger.php/qLX3
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Not good news...

I just got a phone call from our agency & our Guatemala facilitator. As soon as I saw my agency's # I got excited...this was it...we have Corynn's bc. The first thing
she said after she said hello was "it's not good news." She
connected me to our facilitator who told me that after 10 weeks of
waiting for the Mixco City CR to give us Corynn's bc they have
decided that they need more documents in our file before they
can "approve" us to give us her
bc. AFTER 10 WEEKS!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! !!! 10WEEKS!!!!! !!!! for a birth
certificate that should take no more than 2 weeks!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
We've been kicked out of the freakin civil registry!!!! ! our
facilitator said that our attorney is getting the documents together & we will be
resubmitted tomorrow (he didn't know what documents were needed) but
then the secretary at the CR told him it would take 30 days to
review it again & then 8 days before the bc could be picked up. 38
more days for a birth certificate! !!!! and that's IF Mixco is being
honest & it is really going to be 38 days....it could be another
freakin 10 weeks for all anyone knows!!!! I asked him what if in 30
days they decide more documents are needed & he said that they are
getting everything they've requested & that SHOULD be it. He did say
that he would be going there everyday to put pressure on them to
review it faster...that is my only comfort right now in this whole
mess. Corynn turns 1 tomorrow. All I can ask right now is for
prayers & support.

Jodie

19 comments:

Christy said...

That is so frustrating!

Unknown said...

Ugh...I hope things move quickly and your facilitator can make this happen sooner. I cannot imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family.

Donna

Unknown said...

Praying for you---especially tomorrow. Your baby girl WILL come home. Just hang on to that thought!
((hugs))

Jenn said...

Jodie, I am so sorry! I can't imagine how frustrating you must feel right now. I will be praying hard for you and Corynn and that they will get that bc ASAP!

Debbie said...

Praying hard!!!!!!!

Janice said...

Dear Jodie - I've been following your blog and wanted to say that I will be praying that this paperwork nightmare will soon come to an end...

Praying that your adorable lil Corynn will soon be at her forever home...

janice

Stephanie said...

I have ran across your blog a few times and have been checking back. We are adopting from Guate also, a little boy. He is also from Mixco. So I have been prayfully following your journey. I am so sorry you are having this delay. I am sorry you are missing her first birthday.
I wish I could fix it. I am praying for a miracle with that BC. God will bring your baby girl home!
Stephanie
babyallums.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Honey, I'm crying with you today. Happy Birthday Corynn! We love you and can't wait for you to come home. God will bring you to us at just the right moment and we pray that it is soon. Jodie, call me if you want to cry together.
Terri G.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry!!!!!! There is nothing worse than waiting on Mixco.

Courtney said...

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!! How totally frustrating. I am so sorry you have to wait even longer. Hang in there. We are praying for you. Keep your chin up. Courtney

FaceforGrace said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! Try to keep pressing in and find the strength to believe with all of your heart that this will be it!! I am praying with you!

Love,
Holly

Candy said...

OH MY WORD you have to be kidding...this is SO UNFAIR and your baby turning 1 tomorrow...I am so sorry

HUgs

Rose said...

Man....how frustrating. I check on you all the time and still can't believe this!!!
I opened my windows in the sunroom and a nest of lady bugs came flying out of the window sill (??) (weird I know) but it made me think of you. I had lady bugs all over the place. Maybe its a sign for you............

Anonymous said...

It's all in God's hands and I know He will bless you. It will be worth every second you have waited for her.
-Cindy

Whitney said...

This is just heartbreaking! Praying for you all to get the BC sooner than they are telling you and for peace for your family!

Anonymous said...

#2 - We continue to pray for you and your family. Keep your faith in the lord - she will be home with her family soon!
Love ya - #1

Unknown said...

Jodie -

I am so sorry that you (and everyone dealing with Mixco) has to deal with the crap. I do not understand the powertrip that the CR is trying to pull. I hope that you don't have to wait another 38 days. That is absolutely senseless.

Hugs,
Kris
ourjourneytocaleb.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Jodie,

I haven't been able to follow the blogs as closely. I am sorry to read that the Mixco CR is still a mess. I am praying for you, and I hope that Corynn's birthday was a good day for both of you even though you could not be together.

Melissa

Jill said...

Prayers and Support coming your way. This is awful, especially when you are so close. She is yours and loves you already. Hang in there. :-)